The name emerald derives from the ancient word “smaragdos,” meaning “green stone.” Its green color is incomparable and is therefore highly evaluated for its deep, bright green color, and transparency. Looking at an exquisite emerald is a truly breathtaking sight and deserve its place among other big gems diamond, ruby, and sapphire.
Green Emeralds Stone Description:The name emerald derives from the ancient word “smaragdos,” meaning “green stone.” Its green color is incomparable and is therefore highly evaluated for its deep, bright green color, and transparency. Looking at a Green Emeralds Stone is a truly breathtaking sight and deserves its place among other big gems diamond, ruby, and sapphire. Emerald is considered one of the most reputed gemstones in Vedic astrology worn for success in businesses & jobs, creative or intellectual pursuits, and knowledge-seeking ventures. Well-known emerald deposits are located in Afghanistan, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Italy, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Zambia, and Spain.
|Zodiac||Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Libra|
|Hardness||7.5 – 8|
Assessing a green emerald’s quality based on color is easier than clarity. The highest quality emeralds are pure green and can even veer off to blueish-green. However, the emerald should still have some transparency and clarity with an evenly distributed color. The most sought-after emerald colors are bluish-green to pure green, with vivid color saturation and tone. Their color is uniformly distributed, with no eye-visible color zoning. The intensity of the green in the emeralds might not be compared to anything else in nature. Vanadium, Chromium, and iron are the trace elements that cause emerald’s color. The presence or absence of each and their relative amounts determine the exact color of an emerald crystal.
Emerald CLARITY:Unlike other gemstones, emeralds typically contain inclusions, emeralds with no inclusions are extremely rare. Because of this, traders and consumers understand and accept the presence of inclusions in emeralds. However, it’s still best to get an emerald with the best clarity. Its inclusions are often described as looking mossy or garden-like. In colored stones, transparency and clarity are closely linked. This is especially true for emeralds. The trade generally accepts eye-visible inclusions in higher-quality emeralds. But when the inclusions have a negative effect on transparency and clarity, they also dramatically reduce value.
Emerald CUT:The cut of the emerald stone actually determines its color depth in relation to its clarity. When identifying cut, the cutter must consider the depth of color, durability, and inclusions. Mistakes cause carat loss, which dramatically reduces the value of a gem. Four aspects of emerald crystals make them tough to cut.
- Almost all emeralds have significant fractures. A cutter must design the cut to reduce the effect of those fractures on the finished gemstone.
- Emeralds are more fragile than a gem like corundum; this makes them vulnerable to damage during cutting, polishing, and setting. The emerald cut shield against damages because the vulnerable corners are faceted and provide comparative protection.
- Third, because the color is so vital in establishing an emerald’s value, the cut must maximize the outcome of tone, hue, and saturation. Cutters can affect color by adjusting its proportions and the number of facets.
- Fourth, the bluish-green to yellowish-green dichroism of many emerald crystals encourages the cutter to orient the table, so it’s perpendicular to the crystal’s length. That way, the more apparent color in the cut gem is the bluish-green that so many emerald lovers prize.
CARAT:Large emeralds stone are very rare, obviously larger and cleaner emeralds with deep color can champion a higher price, often higher than that compared to other precious gemstones. Exquisite emeralds come in a wide range of sizes, from hundreds of carats to extremely tiny emeralds that weigh fractions of a carat. Quality-for-quality, the rate of emerald can escalate dramatically as the size increases.
Healing Properties of Emerald:Clear vision, Faith, Intelligence, Joy, Love, Memory & Communication, Romance, Serenity, Truth, Unity
- Emerald brings loyalty and enhances unconditional love, and unity, and promotes friendship; that’s why it is also known as the “stone of successful love.”
- It ensures emotional, mental, and physical stability, bringing compatibility to all areas of one’s life
- Emerald eliminates negativity and enhances the ability to enjoy life more
- It strengthens one’s memory and imparts clarity of thought.
- Emerald heals disorders of the lungs, heart, and spine
- It aids in quick recovery after catching an illness, helps sinuses, and improves vision.