Nagar Valley mines are well known for producing light blue-coloured Aquamarine single crystals and well-formed combined specimens mostly on very beautiful muscovite of fine quality.
This particular piece exhibits nice light blue color with a glassy lustrous crystal surface combined with beautiful looking muscovite attached to the crystal on the side creating very cool contact. It forms well-modified multi-faced with natural art on crystal top termination and it's a complete floater with both ends perfectly crystallized. More interestingly there is a robust cluster of nicely crystallized side crystals shooting out from the bottom of the crystal which adds more to the crystal's perfection and aesthetics. Indeed a very pretty piece for the aquamarine collection!
||Beryl var. Aquamarine on Muscovite
||8.4 x 5.5 x 5.2 cm
||Nagar Valley, Skardu District, Gilgit Baltistan Province, Pakistan
Aquamarine is a semi-precious gemstone of the Beryl mineral family, its light blue color and high transparency make it more valuable and desirable. The name Aquamarine is derived from the Latin: aqua marina, “water of the sea” because of its seawater color. Aquamarine is an excellent jewelry stone due to its durability, appeal, and availability, plus it is reasonably priced. It is a popular stone for any jewelry like rings, earrings, necklaces, and other jewelry forms.
Well-known aquamarine deposits are located in Afghanistan, Brazil, Canada, China, Finland, India, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Sri Lanka, and the USA.
Beryl var. Aquamarine Associations:
||Aries, Gemini, Scorpio, Aquarius, Pisces
||7.5 – 8
Healing Properties of Beryl var. Aquamarine:
Courage, Calming, Good health, Inspiration, Inner Strength, Peace, Serenity, Soothing, Safe travel on water, Self-confidence, Stability in married life.
- Beryl var. Aquamarine is also known as the stone of courage; its calming attribute reduces stress and quiets the soul bringing inner peace.
- Beryl var. Aquamarine eases fears and increases sensitivity because of its affinity with sensitive people.
- Beryl var. Aquamarine is useful for closure at many levels because it clarifies perception and clears confusion.
- Beryl var. Aquamarine is highly protective during pregnancy; it reduces the possibility of miscarriage and helps to guard both mother and baby.
- Beryl var. Aquamarine is helpful for sore throats and thyroid problems.
- Astrologists recommend beryl var. aquamarine for promoting leadership qualities, self-confidence, good health, and stability in married life.
Did You Know:
Hot red chrome Tourmaline can be electrified, by rubbing a tourmaline crystal will become electrically charged. It will then attract small pieces of paper as well as dust particles.