Purple Apatite Crystals on Contrasting White Matrix from Nagar, Hunza Valley, Skardu, Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan are available for sale at gandharagems.
Purple Apatite Crystals on Contrasting White Matrix
Nagar, Hunza Valley, Skardu, Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan
A phosphate mineral named after the Greek word apate means deceit and Apatite is similar in appearance to many other minerals. Purple apatite crystals, widely considered the rarest and most desirable color in apatite, are known in high-quality examples from Maine, Portugal, and Brazil.
Recent finds in Pakistan’s Nagar Valley, however, have produced a small number of truly outstanding large, gemmy violet apatite crystals on matrix. This is a particularly choice example, featuring good size and vibrant purple apatite well-crystallized crystal aggregate perched quite aesthetically on thin foil contrasting white matrix. Indeed a pretty neat and beautiful large thumbnail piece for the collection.
||Purple Apatite Crystals on Contrasting White Matrix
||3.5 x 2.7 x 1.8 cm
|Largest XI Dimension
||1.2 x 1.3 x 1 cm
||Nagar, Hunza Valley, Skardu, Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan
The name ‘apatit’ was introduced by A.G. Werner believably somewhere in the mid-1780s, which he later explained as being named from the Greek verb aπasάω, which means ‘to deceive’ or ‘to be deceptive’, because, as he wrote, “until now it has misled all mineralogists in its identification.” The material is soft, brittle, and sensitive to heat. It has a wide variety of colors. Clear transparent stones are faceted, and chatoyant specimens are cut into cabochons.
Apatite is the most popular phosphate mineral and is the main cause of the phosphorus required by plants. The teeth and bones of most animals, including humans, are composed of calcium phosphate, which is the same material as apatite.
Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix General Information:
||Chlorapatite, Fluorapatite, Moroxite
||Ca5 (PO4)3 (F, OH, Cl)
||3.16 to 3.23
Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix Association:
||Colorless, white, yellow, brown, grey, red, pink, purple, blue, green. Some specimens are multicolored
Healing Properties of Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix:
Acceptance, Communication, Clarity of concentration, Focus, Fights viruses, Intellect, Intellectual pursuits, Learning, Peace, and harmony, Stimulates thoughts & ideas, Unconditional Love.
- Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix is a stone of exhibition. It is related to service and humane pursuits.
- Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix is attuned to fortune, yet connects to past lives.
- Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix stimulates the growth of our spiritual attunement and psychic gifts, aiding communication and deepening meditation and self-expression on all levels.
- Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix balances the emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual bodies, eliminating overactivity and stimulating underactivity.
- Psychologically, it increases motivation, draws off negativity about oneself and others. It is helpful for autism and hyperactivity in children.
- Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix enhances creativity and intellect. It clears frustration and confusion, reducing irritability and awakening the inner self.
- Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix increases knowledge and truth and eases anger, sorrow, and apathy.
- Purple Apatite Crystals on Matrix can successfully help in suppressing hunger and raising the metabolic rate, encouraging healthy eating. It heals the glands, meridians, organs and overcomes hypertension.