Garnet Birthstone for the month January
JANUARY: The month of garnet birthstone
Garnet gemstones are most commonly red but can be found in a range of other colors. It’s a beautiful gemstone to start the year with.
Garnet is one of the most diverse gemstones, as it comes in an extraordinary range of colors. This birthstone is mined worldwide and symbolizes many different positive emotions like friendship, loyalty, and trust.
People who were born in January are blessed to have such rich and diverse gemstone as their birthstone. Garnets are usually red, but they also come in a variety of attractive colors, including orange, yellow, purple, and green; some can change color in different lighting.
According to astrologists, the real value of garnet is its power to bring good health, wealth, and comfort to the wearer. This helps reduce negative feelings and teach greater self-confidence and mental clarity to foster creative thinking and peace.
A famous quote about garnet, “it’s more than 5,000 years old, but it looks very modern.”
Garnets are one of the most ancient gems known to mankind. It has a history that goes back over 5,000 years and discovers amongst the artifacts of Ancient Egypt and Sumeria.
The modern name garnet is derived from the Latin word “granatum” in the 14th century by philosopher Albertus Magnus, he described this as granatus, meaning “seed or sometimes grain,” probably because of the similarity of the single crystals that can be found embedded in rocks to the seeds of the pomegranate fruit.
Garnet is also considered as “warrior stone” and was believed to protect one from wounds during battle. While in other cultures, Garnet was treated as a sacred stone and admired as a stone of truth and commitment.
Garnet is broken down into several different varieties.
Still, we will try to keep this down to six generally accepted species of garnet as follows!
- Almandine:The most common form of garnet, usually dark red to reddish-brown in color. It is the most robust type of garnet and, when clear enough, is cut for use in many jewelry styles.
- Andradite: This is the most radiant of the garnets and comes in many colors, most famously green and black. The term Andradite is not often used while describing gems, usually split down into further varieties, including the highly prized Demantoid garnets.
- Grossular:In its purest form, this garnet is colorless, but impurities can transform this into a number of beautiful color gems, including the rare green
- Pyrope:Perhaps the most popular garnet, the deep red variety which can rival rubies, is the most valued of this type.
- Spessartite:At its best, this type of garnet is a clear, bright orange color with a unique brilliance, making it a much sought after gemstone.
- Uvarovite: Uniquely for a garnet type, this gemstone only appears in the color green. It is very rare and usually comes in small crystals.
|Chakras||Heart Chakra, Base Chakra|
|Zodiac||Aries, Leo, Virgo|
|Hardness||7 – 7.5|
|Color||Red, Pink, Green, Orange, Yellow, Brown and Black|
Healing Properties of Garnet:
Good Luck, Energy, Inspiration, Positive thoughts, Love, Passion, Sensuality, Success, Social popularity, Self-confidence.Influence of Garnet on People:
- Garnet is a lucky stone that brings success and love in wearer life.
- It refreshes, purifies, and balances energy, bringing serenity or love.
- It possesses a power that ensures success in business ventures and relationships; It is also referred to as the ‘travelers’ stone.’
- It also strengthens the survival instinct, bringing courage and hope.
- Garnet is believed to be particularly lucky for women.
- Garnet treats disorders of the spine and spinal fluid, cellular structure, and bone.
- It strengthens the immune system and energy levels, purifies the heart, lungs, blood, and regenerates DNA.
|Emerald||Mystical January Birthstone|
|Ruby||Capricorn (Star Sign)|
|Agate||Aquarius & Capricorn (Star Sign)|
|Lapis||Capricorn (Planetary Stone)|
|Onyx||Capricorn (Talismanic Stone)|
|Amethyst||Aquarius (Star Sign)|
|Opal||Aquarius (Star Sign)|
|Turquoise||Aquarius (Planetary Stone)|
|Jasper||Aquarius (Talismanic Stone)|