Natural Aquamarine Gemstones var. Beryl - blue Beryl
by M Farooq on 0 comments
- Natural Aquamarine is the blue to blue-green color variety of Beryl.
- its name come from the Latin word which means water of the sea.
- the chemical formula of aquamarine var. beryl is Be3Al2Si6O18
- its produces white streaks on streak plat when rub.
- its refractive index mostly comes in the range 1.57 - 1.58, having Birefringence: 0.005 to 0.009
- Most of the time its luster is vitreous.
- its hardness on Moh's scale is 7.5 to 8
- Having specific gravity 2.66 to 2.80
- its Pleochroism
- Dichroism: colorless to greenish bluish - blue to sky blue. Greenish-blue stones - distinct: yellowish-greenish - blue-green
- Crystal system of natural aquamarine is Hexagonal
- its the birthstone for March
Similar Gemstones by color
- Blue Topaz is much confusing when we are comparing it to the march birthstone Aquamarine.
- Another one is Blue Zircon which is a little more deeper in color than blue color variety of Beryl.
Possible Color of Aquamarine stoneThis is the color chart of Aquamarine Gemstones.
Inclusions in Blue Aquamarine GemstoneThe possible foreign gems come as inclusions in Natural aqua
- Solid inclusions of Quartz
- Garnet mostly spessartine, almandine
- black Tourmaline which is also called Schorl
- And Hematite
Possible Localities of Natural Blue Aquamarine
- Sri Lanka
- and India
Maxixe AquamarineThis is the rarest color of Natural Aquamarine and very confusing with natural sapphire . The word Maxixe is pronounced as mah-she-she. This is very unstable color of deep blue Aquamarine available in the market, but right now its variety in disappearing from the market. This was first found in 1970.
Maxixe Aquamarine - gandhara gemstones