Schorl (Black Tourmaline) with Green Fluorite Staknala, Nagar Valley, Skardu District, Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan. This is one good example of a combination piece from the famous locality called Staknala, Nagar, Pakistan, which produced some killer pieces of the same species in a combination of multi-minerals. This particular piece consists of Black tourmaline exhibiting sharp parallel striations in combination with gem green fluorite and white snowy cleavelandite perched on top of the specimen. Tourmaline is perfectly flat terminated with gem lustrous green fluorite, creating an amazing contrast of multi-colors with white cleavelandite.
||Green Fluorite with Black Tourmaline and Cleavelandite
||5.1 x 4 x 4.7 cm
||Staknala, Nagar Valley, Skardu District, Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan
||Translucent to Transparent
The word Fluorite derives from the Latin "fluo" meaning "to flow" because the mineral is used as a flux in iron smelting. Fluorites from certain localities exhibit very strong fluorescence, due to impurities in the crystal. In 1852 this phenomenon of fluorescence was named after fluorite. Fluorite has a broad spectrum of colors, which depends on impurities, radiation exposure, and the size of the color centers. The color distribution is often zonal or spotty.
Fluorite can be used in jewelry sometimes, cut into beads. But because of its low hardness, it is not widely used as a semiprecious stone. It is found in many parts of the world, including Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Pakistan, England, Norway, Mexico, Canada, and the U.S.
Green Fluorite Associations:
||Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra
||Colorless, white, purple, blue, blue-green, green, yellow, brownish-yellow, pink, or red
Healing Properties of Green Fluorite:
Aura cleansing, Consciousness, Concentration, Decision-making, Intellect, Learning, Protection, Truth, Self-confidence.
- Green Fluorite stabilizes and cleanses the aura.
- Green Fluorite neutralizes and absorbs negative energy and stress.
- Green Fluorite is excellent learning aid, it increases our powers of concentration, self-confidence, and helps us in decision-making.
- Green Fluorite encourages positivity, balances the energies, and improves balance and coordination, both mentally and physically.
- Green Fluorite supports the immune system and stimulates the restructuring and regeneration of cells and DNA, particularly in the skin, and wounds and heals ulcers.
- Green Fluorite improves the discomfort of shingles and other nerve-related pain.
Black Tourmaline (Schorl):
Tourmaline is an extremely popular gemstone; the name Tourmaline is derived from Turamali, which is thought to mean "stone with mixed colors." Color is king for tourmaline, which is found in more shades and hues than any other gem. It varies in transparency and color to a substantial extent. Crystals of tourmaline may be of different colors in different portions or uniform color throughout, which makes them appealing.
Tourmaline Varieties: Buergerite, Chrom Dravite, Dravite, Elbaite, Feruvite, Foitite, Liddicoatite, Magnesio Foitite, Olenite, Povondraite, Rossmanite, Schorl, Uvite, Vanadium Dravite Enormous deposits of tourmaline are located in Afghanistan, Brazil, China, India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Sri Lanka, USA, Vietnam, and Zambia.
Black Tourmaline (Schorl) Associations:
||Depending on color
||7 - 7.5
||Black, Brown, Violet, Green, Pink, or in a dual-colored pink and green and many more
Healing Properties of Black Tourmaline (Schorl):
Balance, Compassion, Happiness, Happiness, Objectivity, Serenity, Positive transformation, Strength, Understanding
- Black Tourmaline helps to treat paranoia, improve hand-eye combination, and overcomes dyslexia.
- Black Tourmaline eliminates misunderstanding and helps you to understand yourself and others.
- Black Tourmaline releases tension, diminishes fear, and promotes self-confidence.
- Astrologists recommend black tourmaline for body detoxification and stress reduction.
Did You Known: Hot red chrome Tourmaline can be electrified, by rubbing a tourmaline crystal will become electrically charged. It will then attract small pieces of paper as well as dust particles.